Saturday, February 5, 2011

Interview in Lakha - Part - I

When I was in Khariar Road, I applied for a position in Central Silk and Tassar Board. Since I just came from my place in Andhra, I do not know Hindi. When I received the interview call, I started asking friends as to how to go to this interview place. Finally I got to know that this is near Raigarh in Madhya Pradesh. My friends suggested that I take a train from Raipur. Raipur is about 105 kms from Khariar Road.

The day before interview I left for Raipur by Link Express and reached around 3pm. Since this place called Lakha is not seen in the time table I thought it might wise to take a bus, in case it falls in between Raipur and Raigarh. Since the next train is 5.30 pm, I decided to to bus station which is about 15 mins journey by auto. I reached bus station with a small bag and roaming around to find the buses going towards Raigarh. Since I am new to Raipur and also doesn't know Hindi well I was little nervous.

In the meantime two people came to me asked me whether they should help me. I told them that I wanted to go to Lakha which is probably near Raigarh. Then they asked me to follow them so that they will put me in a right bus. I thought they are helping me and followed them.

In the meantime, one of my friends in Khariar Road who I asked about the route to Raigarh was going somewhere and was in another bus. Since he know that I am new, he spotted me with the two people and came out of the bus and rushed near me and asked me Suresh what are you doing here? I said, since you know, I have an interview in Lakha I am thinking of taking a bus in case in falls between Raipur and Raigarh. My friend was angry and said, why did you come to bus station as I suggested you to go by train and took me away from them. Both the people started quarelling with my friend and said why are you interfering. My friend was angry and told them that he is my friend and asked them to go away. Later on my friend told me that they are goondas and were trying to take money from you!

I reached railway station and there was hardly any time left for me to buy a ticket, but finally i was in que and bought a ticket and came to the platform and asking the fellow passengers what time the train will come and how much time it will take to reach Raipur this and that with my little knowledge of Hindi.

Finally the train came and I boarded the train...

for the rest see the second part....

No comments:

Post a Comment