Monday, April 13, 2009

My tution classes

In the villages one may not find houses to taken on rent, so the teachers who come from other places to work as teachers in the school have to stay in the village and go trhome for weekend. Some who come from nearby places travel daily.

When I was in my elementary school I used to go for tution – Diwakar master,Viswam Master, Boy master used to stay in one rented house. We being higher caste – in the villages they used to give respect to our families.

The teachers used to cook their own food. While two cook the third one used to teach us.

In the villages since the farmers grow crops they have to keep the yield in a store room or Atuku (a place near the ceiling of the house) where one can stock their items. To take them out one has to use a ladder. In the place where these teachers were staying, the houseowner kept stock of onions in the Atuku. There was a hole to Atuku. Whenever the teachers started cooking one teacher used to throw a broom in the reverse side and there used to fall one or two onions. They used to utilize them.

One day the teacher (Divakar master) was checking the work done by us the students and all were sitting near the teacher bending their heads down. I was having severe cold and my nose running fast. While the teacher was checking the slates water fell from my nose on the slate – suddenly the teacher lifted his head to see where this water was coming and he found that it was from my nose – he was so angry and asked me to wash the slate with water and asked me to redo the work. All were laughing – including me…..

There were three teachers who I respected the most – Jagannadharao bava, Vishwam master and Diwakar master.

No comments:

Post a Comment