Sunday, February 13, 2011

Interview at Lakha - Part-III

In the Dharmasala there were dormitories where you have some beds to sleep. There are common toilets where people have to be in que. If you have valuables with you, it was advisable to carry the bag with you even if you go to toilet. Though I slept that night, I could not get sleep, as the whole night people were coming and going and since the Dharmasala is nearer to the Railway station, all through the night you will hear the sounds of trains coming and going.
The other reason for not getting sleep is about the interview.

Early morning I got up and took my bath and had some breakfast available nearby. Since the interview is next day (we came one day in advance) Then left at around 8 am and went to the bus station on a rickshaw. I reached bus station and saw the list of stations on the wall. To my surprise I found Lakha on the first station towards Ambikapur Later on I found that it is about 10 kms from Raigarh.

I was roaming around in the bus stand and found three people there asking for Lakha. Then I realised, that they also might be going for the same interview and met them. To my happiness, they were all going for the same interview. We introduced ourselves. One from Bhilai - he is a Telugu person, the other one from Bilaspur and the third one from Bhopal. I remember the person from Bhopal - Wasudeo Gondale, who was working at the Bhopal Airport in the Telephone section (will write more about Wasudeo later).

Since all of us are now aware that Lakha is not far off and there are plenty of buses available that route, then we all decided to roam around Raigarh to pass the time. It was very hot summer and in Madhya Pradesh it was even hotter. Everywehere you will find coolers. We went around walking and had some lunch, and then since it was very hot out, we decided to go to a movie to protect ourselves from the heat. Nearby we found a movie hall and there a movied
called "Rahu Kethu" was running. Since need some shelter, we decide to go to the movie. It was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Since they were staying in nearby place they all went back and planned to meet next morning at bus stop for the interviews.

In the evening I was going alone to see the famous temple. In Raigarh there is very famous temple is there which is called Shyam Mandhir. While going I asked some people for the route to reach the temple. I met one Bengali gentleman - I cant remember his name - he was going on a his bicycle and immediately got down and asked me as to where I am from. With my broken Hindi and not that fulent English, I explained him the purpose of my visit to Raigarh and he
also shared about his work and family. He was so nice person and he was working in Raigarh District Hospital. I asked me the other interesting places in Raigarh. He said I will take to one or two other nearby places and asked me to sit on his bicycle and he took me around. I never forget this person's help. I gave my address and he also given his address. We continued correspondence by post for a long time.

That evening I again went back to the same Dharmasala and stayed there with more relaxed. Next morning left at 7 am for the bus stop and found the other friends there sitting. We all left for the interview place. When we reached Lakha we found that there is no other communication from there as it was in the ourskirts - only communication either your own vehicles or wait for the buses coming towards that place.

The interview took place, we all did well. We the candidates were sitting outside in anticipation of the results as we were told that they will intimate the results immediately. While we were sitting outside, whenever the peon comes out of the room, we used to ask as to what they were talking, who they were thinking of taking this and that. The next time when the peon came, he said about me and said that they might take you, and also said about the second person they were talking about. We waited till 3.30pm and the officer came out and said that they will intimate about the results by post. We all left the place and were waiting for some communication to go back to Raigarh. Since there were no vehicles, one of their office vehicles was going to Raigarh and we requested them and they dropped us at Raigarh bus stop.
Since the trains are in the evening, we spent some time in the bus stop and in the evening reached Railway station.

In the evening around 7 we took a train and all of us have boarded the train. We had purchased general tickets and got inside the train. All through the journey we enjoyed as we had good company. First the Bilaspur person got down, then in Bhilai the Telugu person, and finally in Raipur both the Bhopal person and I got down. The Bhopal person Wasudeo became a friend of mine and we continued our correspondence for a very long time. All through our journey
no TTE came to check the tickets.

From Raipur I had to get a train to Khariar Road. As I mentioned, it was summer season, and it was mango season, even the goods section of train was full of mangoes. Since there was not much time for me to buy a ticket, I had entered the train without a ticket. The train was so crowded, you cannot move from one place to the other. From Raipur it is three hours journey. Raipur to Khariar Road, since this belt mostly the business people travel, they generally
do not buy tickets rather pay some money to the TTEs for the tickets. On the way a TTE came and I gave him money for the ticket. After the train left Mahasamund, a squad entered the train.... you can understand my position, when I had a ticket all through from Raigarh to Raipur, no one came to check whereas from Raipur to Khariar Road, I could not buy ticket as the train was to move, the squad came... what to do.. when I noticed the squad moving from one
coach to the other, I used to jump in the nearby station, and got into the coach one the squad already checked. Still I was nervous, then since the train was full and people were hanging, in the next station, I decided to get down and went to the Guards' coach and requested him to allow as there was no space, he had kindly agreed to few of us. It was a safe place... Finally I was relieved and reached Khariar Road. As far as interview result was concerned, I never got any response from them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment