Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My family

My family is a very big one - My father is Dr.Pakki Venkataramana and mother Chittamma. We are four brothers and five sisters. All are married. My father was a Rural Medical Practitioner and my mother was a housewife. I lost my father in 1974 and mother in 2003. After my father's death, my elder brother (Sankar Rao) took over the family responsibility and because of which he had to leave his government job. Once he was in the village he started doing the Medical Practice that my father used to do. In our village and nearby villages we have good respect from the people. Since the medical facilities are limited in the villages at that time, many people used to come to our house for treatment and as people say, both my father and my brother's hand was very good and auspicious - whatever cases they take up they used to get well soon and people have that much of faith in our family. My other brothers Mohan Rao, who is now retired and settled in Koraput and his three daughters and a son are now grown up. The other brother Tirupati Rao is settled in Bhubaneswar and his two sons are also grown up. My elder brother, Sankar Rao, who was an Rural Medical Practitioner has lost his life at a young age. After that his son and two daughters are grown up and got married. All three of them are working. Out of the five sisters, elder one (Balakka) in Jeypore, second one (Gajakka) i Vizag; third one (Chinnakka) in Koraput, fourth one (Sarasakka) in Parvatipuram and the last one (Sujatakka) is in Koraput. I am the youngest of the nine member family. I have a son (Anurag) who is in 8th std and twin daughters (Ankita and Arpita) are in std-I. I am settled in Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India

No comments:

Post a Comment